Fast and flexible with Tebis interfaces
Open for everything
All over the world, product developers use a variety of CAD systems. Different programs are often used within the same organization. Companies also frequently decide to change their CAD software: for example, when they implement a PLM system. The consequences for the manufacturing industry are obvious.
The best manufacturing software is useless if design data cannot be imported without losses. In this case, "without losses" means: In addition to the geometry, all information about topologies, machining features, tolerances, material data, and surface quality must be imported with no errors. At the same time, it is vital that the target system maps the structure of the original data 1:1. In addition, company-specific requirements cite in detail the specifications to which components must be designed. This includes accurate structure and color guidelines as well as specifications for the spatial position. This knowledge must be mirrored in the CAM system where it will be retrieved.
In general, seamless processes require a fast and automated import – regardless of the system and the rules used for the component’s design.
With Tebis, you are perfectly prepared for a system switch
Short response times are in demand – especially when an important customer changes their CAD system. The most publicly discussed example recently was the move by Daimler AG from Catia V5 by Dassault Systèmes to the Siemens NX system. Daimler plans to convert all areas by the end of March 2015.
For many years, Tebis has benefited from close collaborations with the leading automotive manufacturers in interface optimization. Both the NX and the Catia interface have been continuously improved by working closely with the expert users in our OEM customers’ specialist departments. As a Tebis customer, you are perfectly prepared for this system switch – because in the automotive environment both the Catia and the NX interface meet all prerequisites for immediately beginning NC programming right after the data is imported.
- In addition to the geometry itself, the system transfers all other information.
- You can configure the interfaces in the database.cnf to meet your specific requirements.
- You can store the relevant templates in databases and retrieve them at any workstation.
Tebis Implementation will support you in the individual configuration of your databases – so you can quickly integrate a system switch or specific customer requirements in your daily processes.
Display in structure tree
- The assembly and component structure is mapped 1:1
- Solids and surfaces are copied if necessary
- Definite assignment of element types, thanks to unambiguous symbols
- Colors are recognized and transmitted correctly
- Bore and pocket features can be classified unambiguously
Fittings and step bores are marked for manufacturing
Data optimization via intelligent filters
- Specify whether the system should transfer volumes and/or geometrical sets with surfaces or planes
- Select whether hidden elements like layers or assemblies and components should be imported
- Map features just like in the system of origin or Tebis
- Compare features with the Tebis feature library directly during the import
- Supports user-defined feature types like Daimler Engineering Objects (DEO)
- Specify whether information about form and position tolerances and surface quality should be imported
- Use reference sets to import only the elements that have been combined into groups in the NX file (for example, only solids or only surfaces)
- Choose whether hidden layers or geometries should be imported
And much more!