Best practice for consistent design:
Reverse engineering surfaces with Tebis
In cooperation with BMW Group Design, Tebis has developed reliable methods to combine form development by manual and virtual design as effectively as possible.
The precise and fast transfer of physical vehicle models into the virtual world is an important success factor in design. Over the past two decades Tebis, in cooperation with BMW Group, has managed to generate increasingly high-quality design surfaces in shorter and shorter times. Tebis 4.0, on the market since 2015, includes all the design functions developed in cooperation with BMW Group. Be sure that your company benefits as well.
Learn more about the role of Tebis:
- In the BMW design process
- For shorter processing times
- For high quality in clay processing
- In digitized data processing
- In reverse engineering
- In ensuring surface quality
"We are working on fast surfaces in cooperation with BMW," says Tebis product manager Eckhard Metzger. "We want to go from the current average of 25 hours of work for design surfaces to 10 hours for surfaces that are good enough for initial investigations. We are extremely confident that we will achieve this goal together."
Digitized data processing, Reverse engineering, Surface quality, Design development
- Quickly generate high-quality surfaces from digitized data of design models
- Surface data always available in form development process
- Simple handling and cost savings